It is no doubt that air conditioners have become part and parcel of a home, especially when you live in an excessively warm locality. Therefore, as a prospective buyer of an air conditioner, there are some factors that you should consider first before purchasing an air conditioner. In case you were looking forward to buying an air conditioner, this is the perfect article for you. Read through to know what to look for when buying an air conditioner and how to buy air conditioner for home.
Most people concur that buying the right air conditioner for their house is truly a daunting task. It is because most people are spoilt for choices as they try to choose the perfect device that suits their needs. For instance, you will worry about factors such as the installation costs, price, amenities as well as size. However, this article will simplify those factors and bring your indecision to an end.
What Are Some Of The Tips For Buying Air Conditioner?
1. Look at the Size
size automatically matters when you are getting an air conditioner. Size is the first thing you’ll consider before making a purchase. The size of an air conditioner matters since it directly affects the quantity of heat that the device can eliminate from a room within an hour.
Therefore, the size of a central air conditioner that you purchase will affect its cooling capacity and whether it will be in the best condition to handle your home’s cooling load. As such, the right air conditioner will be able to maintain pleasant temperatures in your home while at the same time saving on energy.
Most importantly, it is important to note that there are some downsides associated with too big or too small central air conditioning systems. Below are some of the disadvantages:
- Small air conditioners are more susceptible to wear and tear as compared to the right-sized units. Apart from that, they also waste energy and cause discomfort to the occupants of a building since they take way too long to stabilise indoor temperatures.
- Units that are oversized have shorter lifespans and have high energy consumption. Moreover, they also make indoor spaces uncomfortable and clammy due to their poor humidity control.
Another feature that should not evade your mind when choosing the right types of air conditioner for home is efficiency. You will have to look at efficiency especially when you are seeking to replace an old unit that wastes energy. An energy efficient air conditioner will ensure that you spend less on energy hence cut down your expenditure. When you want to find an efficient AC, the measurement that you’ll have to consider is the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER).
During your search, you will be able to find the SEER rating on the yellow sticker attached to your brand new unit. Are you wondering the importance of SEER rating? If so, wonder no more. It means that a high SEER rating will make your AC function more efficiently. Additionally, you will be able to save significantly on energy costs since the unit will consume less energy throughout its working life.
What Other Features Should You Look For When Buying An AC?
- A two-stage compressor – it enables you to save on energy costs in the long run since it reduces the output of the Air conditioner.
- Filter-indicator light – it assists you in conducting regular maintenance of your unit by reminding you when the air filter needs to be changed.
- Thermal expansion valve – the thermal expansion valve plays a big role in preventing the refrigerant from flooding the compressor. Such a phenomenon could easily damage your AC.
The Final Word
The vital role that air conditioners play in the contemporary world cannot be underestimated. Therefore, you should conduct due diligence when on the lookout to purchase a unit so as to ensure that you get the best value for your money. Always consider factors like size, efficiency as well as the ones mentioned above before you settle on buying a particular unit.
Read Also: How To Buy An Air Conditioner For Your Home